What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Lubbock
You know you have to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it supplies shelter for your family and is where you have all of your valuables. But what type of home protection is right for you? Whether or not to use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Lubbock and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a third-party monitoring service that is set to provide help at all times. Whenever an entrypoint sensor triggers or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring professionals receive an instant alert. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and dispatch the proper emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with a backup team. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you need to act to get it resolved. This option is the more affordable solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Lubbock
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always a good choice. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without access to your phone, your residence and those inside will still be protected.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll respond faster to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems could entitle you to a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Better equipment and flawless integration: By getting hardware, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security provider, you will gain access to a cohesive system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Countless residents would prefer to have work completed by qualified technicians, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This is likely to be satisfactory for most as home security is a service you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Lubbock
Here’s a short breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Some might think of this as a benefit as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an installation expense. Others may wish to use a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You can integrate devices when you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you might find incorporating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You have complete control: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your alarms. If an urgent situation takes place, you’re in control of getting support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your smartphone and don’t get a security notification? This circumstance equates to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want a helping hand during the install, you might have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Lubbock
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Lubbock from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the right option for your family. Call (806) 302-1344 today to customize your package.