Security cameras can solely be installed as a hindrance—a display that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras come armed with an array of features all tailor-made to provide total protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Lubbock.
How To Set Up Your Lubbock Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is mounting them in the best areas around your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a good move to have a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your patio, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your interior that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room can reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in getting the most out of home security cameras in Lubbock. The features shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your mobile device anytime unusual movement is detected. You can also program cameras to begin recording when activity is discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your home security cameras to record and back up clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone with the unit. Via ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or talk to your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more comprehensive view of what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and overlook animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Lubbock is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (806) 302-1344 or submit the form below to get started building your home security system today.