How Does Geofencing In Lubbock Integrate With A Security System?
Today's smart security installations are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, you may still neglect to perform easy security tasks like arming your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these tasks again? When utilizing geofencing in Lubbock, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Lubbock For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your house, which you may arrange in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to communicate with one another. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all devices onto a single network. You can draw specific boundaries along the perimeter of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the specified border.
To illustrate, when you leave your driveway, you can program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the technologies you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Lubbock. With the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific components engage when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the fan if the CO detector goes off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera notices strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that all act in concert with each other. Make your lighting lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and thermostat levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to set your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Lubbock
Whether you seek added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (806) 302-1344 or send in the following form to get started on your optimal security system.