What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Lubbock?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You place a microphone-type device in close contact to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, today’s monitors now have clear HD video capability and two-way talk. You can even hook some monitors to Wi-Fi so you may wander wherever you want. The latest baby monitors in Lubbock are so elaborate that they are similar to indoor security cameras in both capabilities and expense.
Should you replace your baby monitor with a home security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and indoor security cameras share comparable functionality, you will find quite a few parents in Lubbock integrating their baby's room to their comprehensive home security package. So it makes sense -- specifically if you’re upgrading to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor now has:
● Night vision video: Your security camera should include 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● 2-way communications: Now you don’t need to go to the nursery to quiet your child back to a restful state. A comforting word may be the only thing needed to keep your little one asleep.
● Sensors and alerts: While you can have your surveillance system stay on constantly to keep a close eye on your child, your attentiveness could start to lag. Conversely, if your security camera identifies unusual activity, you can configure it to deliver a message on your phone. Perfect when your adventurous newborn silently tries to climb out of the crib or when your family dog noses into the nursery.
● Save and send recordings: Many baby monitors do not capture the video. Now you have the ability to send a brief sample to friends or family members to allow them a glimpse of what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: In lieu of lugging an external monitor wherever you go, you are now able to view your child from your smart home mobile app. You might even say hello to your young one and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a night out.